Summary & Reports to:
As a Fitness Manager with The Edge Fitness Clubs, you are the face of the Fitness Department! You are a leader to your personal training staff as well as an assistant to the club General Manager. By mirroring our company core values of positive attitude, game excellence, hard work, and communication & teamwork, your role as Fitness Manager is critical to the overall member fitness experience and growth of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Financial Performance & Sales:
- Directly responsible for the department’s financial performance in total fitness services
- Responsible for hitting personal & club monthly sales Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets
- Personal Trainer payroll & expense management
- Partners closely with the Membership department ensuring that initial fitness assessments are being booked and the advisors are building value on the tour
- Ensures that the PT presentations and fitness assessments (VFP’s) are structured and standardized, consistent with corporate standards
- Develops lead generation strategies with team
- Establish Fitness Services sales goals for the Fitness Consultants and front desk employees
Team & People Management:
- Responsible for the recruiting, hiring and onboarding of personal training staff to keep staff budget at the forecasted levels
- Develops a high performing team through coaching, teaching and training
- Performance & KPI management of all fitness staff
- Develop product knowledge of all staff
- Partner with the club Lead Trainer to develop and grow Personal Training staff
- Effectively communicate all department initiatives, standards, and directives
- Provides input and participates in performance assessment and termination processes for Personal Trainers, in partnership with HR, and Management
- Establishes and develops a collaborative and results-focused Personal Training team.
- Creates a positive and healthy workplace environment that provides opportunities for advancement for staff
Supplement & Inventory Management:
- Orders all supplements to ensure that the club has enough on hand to hit its supplement goal
- Manages the supplement profit & loss
- Current CPR & First Aid are required and must be maintained through employment
- Ability to create and sustain a culture of service focused on hospitality, caring, welcoming and fun
- A passion for fitness. Demonstrated knowledge of fitness equipment and wellness strategies
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong MS Office software skills with an ability to adapt learning to incorporate new technologies
Education & Experience:
- A related University degree (in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or Kinesiology) or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- 2 years related sales experience
- 2 years’ experience in the fitness industry
- 2 years of leadership and people management experience including proven success in leading, coaching and motivating teams and individuals to achieve goals and objectives across multiple locations
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence all levels of the organization
Business Acumen: Fosters knowledge in policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and/or industry. The ability to make good judgements and quick decisions.
Sales Strategy Development: Quantifies and prioritizes available opportunities for achieving sales performance objectives. Identifies future sales-related trends, creates clear action plans for achieving results and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Managing Performance: The ability to take responsibility for one’s own or one’s employees’ performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
Coaching & Development: Provides feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plans and supports the development of individual skills and abilities. Provides timely guidance to help others strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
Teamwork: Actively participates and fosters an environment that sustains a collaborative approach to working with others.
Customer Service Orientation: Listens & responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer's satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills: Demonstrates a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
Product Knowledge Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of how our products and services work, know the ins and outs of the products and services just like a customer who uses it every day would. Acquires and applies this knowledge to accomplish results. Understands each department in the club and all services provided.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done frequently. Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements are close, distant, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is very little travel in this position. The employee may be asked to travel local infrequently to other clubs or to corporate for meetings.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time exempt position with varying hours of work. This position frequently requires long hours and night/weekend work. This position may require working on the last day of the month.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance ($25k), MetLife
- Long Term Disability (LTD), MetLife
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), MetLife
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full time employees only)
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position is responsible for the leadership, interviewing, hiring, scheduling, and performance managing all Personal Trainers in their club.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We Are Edge Strong
Join our winning team. The competitive spirit of our Edge Strong team is unmatched by anyone. We have never woke up a day and thought “we want to be #2 today”. NEVER! Winners keep score and we are a team who is motivated to be the best health club in the industry and provide the greatest customer experience for our members. We bleed Edge Red and We Are Edge Strong.
We Love People: “People don’t care about how much you know until they know how much you care.” From the day our founder opened our first gym, he greeted every member, employee and vendor by name. We celebrate each and every one of our employees and our members and treat them as family. Our team has a genuine gleam in their eye when they are servicing people.
We Love Fitness: Fitness is our calling. We have what it takes to empower others to love fitness just as much as we do by helping our members be the best version of themselves. We change lives.
We Love our Facility: Our teams take pride in their club! Our facilities sparkle with natural light, shiny equipment and clean amenities, making our clubs Best in Class. This is our home away from home and we do everything we can to ensure a positive environment.
We Love to Compete: We are fierce competitors. Our teams live and breathe a “do whatever it takes attitude” to help our members achieve their fitness goal. We are always looking to be better today than we were yesterday. Our leadership team keeps score. We ask ourselves daily, what are we doing right, and what are we doing wrong and how are we going to get better?
We Love our Team: We play for the name on the front of the jersey. Our people lead from the front and we own everything in our four walls. We come to work to win while having fun.
We change lives. Everything we do stems from those three words. This is our why. We are committed to do the right thing every day for the right reasons. We believe in fitness. Our philosophy is “how can I help you not what can I sell you”.
“If it is to be, it is up to me.” Our employees project a winner’s mindset that sets them up to achieve their highest potential. With the right energy and enthusiasm, we crush challenging goals. Unlimited career opportunities become attainable with heart, humility and hustle.
Our employees come here to do something, not for something to do. Run the play that your coach lays out for you and we will give you the tools to win games. Win the day.
We play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Our employees work hard to reach the finish line together. We are culture champions who celebrates other’s successes.
We wake up in the morning excited to get to work. Love what you do and you’ll never work a day in your life. Come to work in sweatpants and sneakers and feel awesome!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)