Summary & Reports to: Reporting to the IT Director, The Information Support Specialist provides software and network support and troubleshooting to the corporate office and acts as the help desk for the field clubs. This person serves as the liaison between The Edge and its vendors and assists the IT Director with the tactical tasks needed to ensure technology solutions are aligned with the needs of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential functions:
- Acts as software support to the entire Corporate Office, responds to user requests for service and determines the nature and extent of support needed. Provides support or refers to the appropriate vendor.
- Provides guidance and participates in software development and technology integration projects.
- Procures hardware requests for current and future Corporate and field staff-laptops, PC’s, routers, switches, etc. and follows up with IT vendors to ensure visibility.
- Obtains specifications, pricing and other purchase related information needed to guide the department heads in their selection of software and coordinates schedules and timelines to confirm install.
- Assists in negotiating cost and scope for potential new technology solutions while documenting features, gaps and costs.
- Responds to software/hardware problems from the field on site or over the phone and investigates problems to determine resolutions. Follows up with software vendors or accesses their online technical support to obtain updates. Uses ticketing system to document issues, follow-up, and ensure technical problems are resolved.
- Installs, configures, maintains and troubleshoots a wide range of software used throughout the organization. Performs hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as needed.
- Acts as liaison between service installers and local construction general contractors during presale and new club opening to ensure task check lists are executed completely and on time.
- Meets with and advises corporate staff on complex issues or project requests, collecting relevant information and gathering feedback on hardware and software developments.
- Assists with IT projects by coordinating vendors and tracking tasks in the project software to ensure timeline visibility and track deliverables from contributors.
- Coordinates and communicates upcoming IT projects to club employees and oversees installation/completion.
- Provides network support which includes creating, modifying and auditing Active Directory objects, manages shared resources and grants access to users.
- Promotes an engaging and welcoming environment to all employees, members and visitors.
- Creates a culture and environment consistent with company values and standards for employees and members.
- May be asked to work on special projects at various clubs.
- Two years providing level 2 Helpdesk or Desk Side Support
- Exposure to Windows Active Directory and Windows Server 2008-2016
- Knowledge of Windows Workstation 7-10
- Basic understanding of Exchange/o365
- Proficient knowledge in Windows operating systems
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Experience interacting with technical vendors.
- Experience provisioning voice/data services.
- Basic understanding of remote-control technologies.
- Basic understanding of conferencing/web meeting platforms.
- Exposure to networking/Internetworking
- Experience with software development
- Experience with technology / software integration
- Experience with automation and scripting
- Experience with Linus/Unix/BSD
- Understanding of TCP/IP Protocol Stack
- Understanding of Anti-Virus & Computer Security
- Understanding of PCI, routing, switching
Education & Experience:
- 4 year degree in a technology / engineering field. Combination of education and experience acceptable.
- Experience with software development lifecycle
- Experience with software / technology integration projects
- Microsoft MCP
- Experience supporting a 24×7 environment
- Demonstrated experience with project management-planning, scheduling, tracking and reporting
- Experience in engagement with multiple management levels across technical users and business units
- Technical Capacity
- Creative Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Customer Focus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment with a several sets of stairs. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. You will be traveling from club to club on occasion and some overnight for new club opening projects.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full time, non-exempt position, and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm (40 hours per week). Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We Are Edge Strong
Join our winning team. The competitive spirit of our Edge Strong team is unmatched by anyone. We have never woke up a day and thought “we want to be #2 today”. NEVER! Winners keep score and we are a team who is motivated to be the best health club in the industry and provide the greatest customer experience for our members. We bleed Edge Red and We Are Edge Strong.
We Love People: “People don’t care about how much you know until they know how much you care.” From the day our founder opened our first gym, he greeted every member, employee and vendor by name. We celebrate each and every one of our employees and our members and treat them as family. Our team has a genuine gleam in their eye when they are servicing people.
We Love Fitness: Fitness is our calling. We have what it takes to empower others to love fitness just as much as we do by helping our members be the best version of themselves. We change lives.
We Love our Facility: Our teams take pride in their club! Our facilities sparkle with natural light, shiny equipment and clean amenities, making our clubs Best in Class. This is our home away from home and we do everything we can to ensure a positive environment.
We Love to Compete: We are fierce competitors. Our teams live and breathe a “do whatever it takes attitude” to help our members achieve their fitness goal. We are always looking to be better today than we were yesterday. Our leadership team keeps score. We ask ourselves daily, what are we doing right, and what are we doing wrong and how are we going to get better?
We Love our Team: We play for the name on the front of the jersey. Our people lead from the front and we own everything in our four walls. We come to work to win while having fun.
We change lives. Everything we do stems from those three words. This is our why. We are committed to do the right thing every day for the right reasons. We believe in fitness. Our philosophy is “how can I help you not what can I sell you”.
“If it is to be, it is up to me.” Our employees project a winner’s mindset that sets them up to achieve their highest potential. With the right energy and enthusiasm, we crush challenging goals. Unlimited career opportunities become attainable with heart, humility and hustle.
Our employees come here to do something, not for something to do. Run the play that your coach lays out for you and we will give you the tools to win games. Win the day.
We play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Our employees work hard to reach the finish line together. We are culture champions who celebrates other’s successes.
We wake up in the morning excited to get to work. Love what you do and you’ll never work a day in your life. Come to work in sweatpants and sneakers and feel awesome!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)