Summary & Reports to:
As a Sales Manager with The Edge Fitness Clubs, your main responsibility is to ensure your Membership Advisor Team is successful. You will accomplish this by coaching, teaching and training your staff on each Key Performance Indicator they need to master in order to hit your club Membership Units & Revenues goals. Each club has a daily, monthly and annual membership goal that you are ultimately responsible for. In addition to the club goal, you will also have a personal membership goal set each month by your Regional Sales Manager. You will lead your Sales team by example. To hold this position, you must be passionate about helping our members achieve results & change lives. You must have the ability to create a sense of urgency with your team. You must create a culture of having fun while getting to goal. Your ability to create and sustain a culture of driving and grinding to achieve our membership unit and revenue goal, while having fun, will dictate your success.
“Your job as a sales manager is not develop sales, but to develop sales people.” -Jack Daly
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Attains team membership goal by executing all areas of The Edge sales process creating the urgency to join
- Generates dollars by collecting the maximum amount of revenues based on current club promotions
- Monitors the KPI’s to ensure that each of your Membership Advisors are achieving or exceeding our membership sales objectives
- Performs daily outreach to generate off-site leads, appointments and memberships
- Sets individual and team goals and hold the team accountable to those goals
- Ensures that the Membership Advisor is building excitement on the tour to ensure the prospect’s first impression of the club is a good one, they build value on the initial training appointment, grow referrals, presents price properly & never lets an opportunity pass by
- Coaches, teaches & trains the MA to develop and improve their sales and customer service skills
- Create & build strategies through constant training around key sales techniques (role playing the TI’s, club tours & membership presentation)
- Work with the Membership Advisor to establish tailored business plans and strategies to meet their monthly sales goals and targets
- Ensure that all Membership Advisors are aware of the current sales and marketing promotions going on
- Provide ongoing feedback and recognition to each Membership Advisor
- Hold daily production meetings with your team
- Attend weekly sales meeting with VP of Sales and Regional Sales Managers
- Be an active participant by providing insight on what is going right, what is going wrong and how is the membership department going to get better
Recruitment & Training:
- Works with HR to begin a requisition when there is a need for a new team member
- Interviews potential membership advisors
- Makes the recommendation to hire all new advisors
- Consistently offers ongoing support and training to all new hires
Education & Experience:
- A University degree is preferred.
- 2 years related Sales Experience with direct consumer sales or membership sales strongly preferred
- Proven track record of achieving and/or exceeding sales goals
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work flexible hours, as necessary during closeouts or end of month
- Demonstrates a “roll up the sleeves” mentality
- Must have a passion for fitness
- Must have a passion to help people
- Strong leadership skills
- Positive and enthusiastic
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Sales Strategy Development: Quantifies and prioritizes available opportunities for achieving sales performance objectives. Identifies future sales-related trends, creates clear action plans for achieving results and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Managing Performance: The ability to take responsibility for one’s own or one’s employees’ performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
Coaching & Development: Provides feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plans and supports the development of individual skills and abilities. Provides timely guidance to help others strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
Customer Focus: The ability to identify and respond to current and future customer's needs.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Building Partnerships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Business Acumen: Fosters knowledge in policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and/or industry.
Sales Goals Attainment: Respects and achieves sales plan goals, strives to maintain sales quota for self and team.
Product Knowledge Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of how our products and services work, know the ins and outs of the products and services just like a customer who uses it every day would. Acquires and applies this knowledge to accomplish results. Understands each department in the club and all services provided.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role however you will be touring prospects walking through the club. We ask that you “walk the walk and talk the talk” by working out! You will be given the opportunity to work with one of our certified personal trainers weekly! This position requires that you work within the clubs and you may go out to the community for outreach.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is very little travel in this position. The employee may be asked to travel local infrequently to other clubs or to corporate for meetings.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full time position where hours vary based on the needs of the clubs. This position frequently requires long hours and some night/weekend work. This position may require you to work extra hours on the last day of the month.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance ($25k), MetLife
- Long Term Disability (LTD), MetLife
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), MetLife
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full time employees only)
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position is responsible for the leadership, interviewing, hiring, scheduling, and performance managing all Membership Advisors in their club.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We Are Edge Strong
Join our winning team. The competitive spirit of our Edge Strong team is unmatched by anyone. We have never woke up a day and thought “we want to be #2 today”. NEVER! Winners keep score and we are a team who is motivated to be the best health club in the industry and provide the greatest customer experience for our members. We bleed Edge Red and We Are Edge Strong.
We Love People: “People don’t care about how much you know until they know how much you care.” From the day our founder opened our first gym, he greeted every member, employee and vendor by name. We celebrate each and every one of our employees and our members and treat them as family. Our team has a genuine gleam in their eye when they are servicing people.
We Love Fitness: Fitness is our calling. We have what it takes to empower others to love fitness just as much as we do by helping our members be the best version of themselves. We change lives.
We Love our Facility: Our teams take pride in their club! Our facilities sparkle with natural light, shiny equipment and clean amenities, making our clubs Best in Class. This is our home away from home and we do everything we can to ensure a positive environment.
We Love to Compete: We are fierce competitors. Our teams live and breathe a “do whatever it takes attitude” to help our members achieve their fitness goal. We are always looking to be better today than we were yesterday. Our leadership team keeps score. We ask ourselves daily, what are we doing right, and what are we doing wrong and how are we going to get better?
We Love our Team: We play for the name on the front of the jersey. Our people lead from the front and we own everything in our four walls. We come to work to win while having fun.
We change lives. Everything we do stems from those three words. This is our why. We are committed to do the right thing every day for the right reasons. We believe in fitness. Our philosophy is “how can I help you not what can I sell you”.
“If it is to be, it is up to me.” Our employees project a winner’s mindset that sets them up to achieve their highest potential. With the right energy and enthusiasm, we crush challenging goals. Unlimited career opportunities become attainable with heart, humility and hustle.
Our employees come here to do something, not for something to do. Run the play that your coach lays out for you and we will give you the tools to win games. Win the day.
We play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Our employees work hard to reach the finish line together. We are culture champions who celebrates other’s successes.
We wake up in the morning excited to get to work. Love what you do and you’ll never work a day in your life. Come to work in sweatpants and sneakers and feel awesome!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)