Summary & Reports to:
The Edge Fitness Club’s front desk is the hub where all of the day’s business starts and ends and is the place Fitness Consultants are stationed. It’s the area members approach when they need help or want to make a purchase. It is the point all members visit upon entry to the gym. It is also the initial impression when a potential member visits for the first time. When working behind the desk for the Edge Fitness Clubs you are expected to smile, greet all members by name, have fun, move fast and service all Edge members with a sense of urgency. The Fitness Consultant position is crucial to running any of our facilities. In this position, you will gain great insight into why our clubs are successful and follow The Edge’s mission statement.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Brings The Edge culture to life by ensuring each guest receives outstanding service by providing a guest friendly environment by greeting and acknowledging every guest, saying “hello” and “goodbye”, while maintaining outstanding standards.
- Proactively manages and resolves all member concerns and complaints that are brought forward. Maintains detailed communication related to the issues and complaints in Datatrak. Escalates any serious concerns and complaints to the GM.
- Provides exceptional customer service to retail operations (shake bar & pro-shop and juice bar items).
- Answers the telephone before the second ring with a smile, answering member questions or transitioning a prospect’s telephone inquiry over to a Membership Advisor.
- Effectively schedules, cancels or reschedules personal training appointments for our members promptly.
- Understands the clubs daily revenue goals and helps drive the business, not babysit the business.
- Strives to continuously improve the member experience, revenues and retention rates.
- Maintains solid product knowledge and awareness of all product information, merchandise and services to find ways to upsell product.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintains proper cash accountabilities at POS registers.
- Understands the opportunities of the business: every phone call, prospects walking through the door, in and out of the club.
- Set and attain all personal and professional monthly generating dollar goals.
- Assists in replenishing merchandise at the shake bar, retail area and in the coolers.
- Assists the Membership Team in signing prospects in as “guests” when visiting the facility.
- Conducts locker room and floor checks regularly throughout shift.
- Assists the Manager in loss prevention by adhering to all company policies and club standards.
- Contributes to creating a culture and environment consistent with company values and standards for employees and members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Thrives in a customer focused environment
- Excellent Team-Work
Education & Experience:
- A University degree is preferred.
- A strong focus on the customer/client.
- Related industry experience preferred (i.e. retail, hospitality, leisure, fitness, etc.).
- Great communication skills.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Enthusiasm is a must, we will teach the skills needed to succeed.
- Previous sales experience a plus.
- Must be able to work well with others.
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Customer Service Orientation: Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Analytical Skills: Analyzes and interprets diverse information to develop appropriate sales strategies.
Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge and skill in a technical area (Datatrak) and effectively applies those skills to solve a range of problems.
Product Knowledge Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of how our products and services work, know the ins and outs of the products and services just like a customer who uses it every day would.
Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result on one’s own unit of work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals and meeting and exceeding them.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This role will require walking and standing during entire shift, or remain stationary for long periods of time. This would require the ability to lift weights, 5lbs up to 200 lbs and bend or stand as necessary. This position will also require frequent washing of hands.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is very little travel in this position. The employee may be asked to travel locally infrequently to other clubs or to corporate for meetings.
Position type & expected hours of work:
This is a part time or full-time position with varied hours based on the needs of the business.
Benefits: (For a Full-Time Employee)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance ($25k), MetLife
- Long Term Disability (LTD), MetLife
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), MetLife
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full-time employees only)
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We Are Edge Strong
Join our winning team. The competitive spirit of our Edge Strong team is unmatched by anyone. We have never woke up a day and thought “we want to be #2 today”. NEVER! Winners keep score and we are a team who is motivated to be the best health club in the industry and provide the greatest customer experience for our members. We bleed Edge Red and We Are Edge Strong.
We Love People: “People don’t care about how much you know until they know how much you care.” From the day our founder opened our first gym, he greeted every member, employee and vendor by name. We celebrate each and every one of our employees and our members and treat them as family. Our team has a genuine gleam in their eye when they are servicing people.
We Love Fitness: Fitness is our calling. We have what it takes to empower others to love fitness just as much as we do by helping our members be the best version of themselves. We change lives.
We Love our Facility: Our teams take pride in their club! Our facilities sparkle with natural light, shiny equipment and clean amenities, making our clubs Best in Class. This is our home away from home and we do everything we can to ensure a positive environment.
We Love to Compete: We are fierce competitors. Our teams live and breathe a “do whatever it takes attitude” to help our members achieve their fitness goal. We are always looking to be better today than we were yesterday. Our leadership team keeps score. We ask ourselves daily, what are we doing right, and what are we doing wrong and how are we going to get better?
We Love our Team: We play for the name on the front of the jersey. Our people lead from the front and we own everything in our four walls. We come to work to win while having fun.
We change lives. Everything we do stems from those three words. This is our why. We are committed to do the right thing every day for the right reasons. We believe in fitness. Our philosophy is “how can I help you not what can I sell you”.
“If it is to be, it is up to me.” Our employees project a winner’s mindset that sets them up to achieve their highest potential. With the right energy and enthusiasm, we crush challenging goals. Unlimited career opportunities become attainable with heart, humility and hustle.
Our employees come here to do something, not for something to do. Run the play that your coach lays out for you and we will give you the tools to win games. Win the day.
We play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Our employees work hard to reach the finish line together. We are culture champions who celebrates other’s successes.
We wake up in the morning excited to get to work. Love what you do and you’ll never work a day in your life. Come to work in sweatpants and sneakers and feel awesome!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)