CYCLING GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR
Summary & Reports to:
We aim to inspire at The Edge Fitness Clubs, we pride ourselves in offering our members a variety of amazing fitness classes including indoor cycling, strength, cardio and Mind Body. Our awesome instructors are some of the best in the fitness industry and what give us an EDGE with our members. Our goal is to provide our members with an intense, upbeat and motivating atmosphere that will help our members get an Edge in life. As an indoor cycling instructor, you will lead 35 members on a musically drive ride, interval-based cycling class. If you are passionate about people and enjoy inspiring, motivating and leading others, we’d love to talk to you!
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Deliver The Edge Experience to our members in each class
- Ability to lead with confidence
- Ability to count to the music and create a ride to the music
- Maintain a strong and active social media presence
- Be punctual and exhibit a positive attitude
- Project a professional image through dress, behavior and attitude
- Must be outgoing, energetic and able to perform in front of an audience
- Ability to communicate with people of all age groups
- Demonstrate proper techniques and form on the bike
- Ensure class begins and ends on time;
- Teach respective classes on a regular basis and keep subbing to a minimum;
- Communicate with Group Fitness Manager on member feedback, equipment and operational status, scheduling, and subbing
- Maintain a professional attitude toward responsibilities, fellow instructors, club staff and members
- Support and articulate the Edge Fitness mission statement
- Maintain a healthy way of life
- Adhere to Group Exercise policies and procedures
- Demonstrate positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers
- Must possess and maintain current CPR/AED certification
- Six months teaching group classes
- Must have access to regular email and phone communication
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills; energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of fitness, and program design
- Knowledge of safe exercise techniques
- Ability to demonstrate safe exercise techniques
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Education & Experience:
- Have experience teaching Group Fitness classes in a related discipline
- Program design experience preferred
- Valid Group Exercise Certification Required
- Specialty Certifications (Les Mills, Barre, Spin, Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, Kickboxing, MOSSA Power, ETC)
Customer Focus: The ability to identify and respond to current and future customer's needs.
Collaboration Skills: Works effectively with, and influences those outside of, your functional area for positive impact on business performance.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on the situation.
Coaching Skills: Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
Time Management: Handles their own time well, as well as that of the boss. Coordinates the needs and demands of multiple people and is flexible and adaptable with ever-changing schedules on short notice as situations change. Prioritizes well and delegates routine tasks when possible.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done frequently. Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements are close, distant, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is no travel required for this position.
Position type & expected hours of work:
This is a part-time, non-exempt position where you are expected to work your scheduled class time.
- Competitive compensation
- Membership to Edge Fitness Clubs *must teach 2 classes per week
- Access to our Edge Kids Care
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We Are Edge Strong
Join our winning team. The competitive spirit of our Edge Strong team is unmatched by anyone. We have never woke up a day and thought “we want to be #2 today”. NEVER! Winners keep score and we are a team who is motivated to be the best health club in the industry and provide the greatest customer experience for our members. We bleed Edge Red and We Are Edge Strong.
We Love People: “People don’t care about how much you know until they know how much you care.” From the day our founder opened our first gym, he greeted every member, employee and vendor by name. We celebrate each and every one of our employees and our members and treat them as family. Our team has a genuine gleam in their eye when they are servicing people.
We Love Fitness: Fitness is our calling. We have what it takes to empower others to love fitness just as much as we do by helping our members be the best version of themselves. We change lives.
We Love our Facility: Our teams take pride in their club! Our facilities sparkle with natural light, shiny equipment and clean amenities, making our clubs Best in Class. This is our home away from home and we do everything we can to ensure a positive environment.
We Love to Compete: We are fierce competitors. Our teams live and breathe a “do whatever it takes attitude” to help our members achieve their fitness goal. We are always looking to be better today than we were yesterday. Our leadership team keeps score. We ask ourselves daily, what are we doing right, and what are we doing wrong and how are we going to get better?
We Love our Team: We play for the name on the front of the jersey. Our people lead from the front and we own everything in our four walls. We come to work to win while having fun.
We change lives. Everything we do stems from those three words. This is our why. We are committed to do the right thing every day for the right reasons. We believe in fitness. Our philosophy is “how can I help you not what can I sell you”.
“If it is to be, it is up to me.” Our employees project a winner’s mindset that sets them up to achieve their highest potential. With the right energy and enthusiasm, we crush challenging goals. Unlimited career opportunities become attainable with heart, humility and hustle.
Our employees come here to do something, not for something to do. Run the play that your coach lays out for you and we will give you the tools to win games. Win the day.
We play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Our employees work hard to reach the finish line together. We are culture champions who celebrates other’s successes.
We wake up in the morning excited to get to work. Love what you do and you’ll never work a day in your life. Come to work in sweatpants and sneakers and feel awesome!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)