Summary & Reports to:
Membership Advisors are usually the first people that all of our new members meet on their first visit to the gym! Their main goal is to generate new membership sales for the club while working on a Sales Team to reach individual, monthly, and annual, membership goals for the fitness facility while making a great first impression and building lasting relationships. Members on our team are very successful at reaching and exceeding these goals by using the tools, training, and opportunities provided. They achieve these goals by making outgoing phone calls and also by networking within our member base and local community.
A Membership Advisor on our team thrives in a fast paced work environment and carries themselves with a great sense of integrity when it comes to helping our members get started on their fitness journey. They are also highly self-driven, energetic, friendly, creative, and confident while being excellent at building and maintaining relationships. Must be extremely confident and have a can-do attitude when it comes to speaking over the phone and in person and presenting the clubs offerings.
This is a performance based position where the more memberships you sell the more money you will make. Advisors are paid hourly but maximize their paycheck through our competitive commission and bonus structure. We embrace a highly competitive culture where all team members excel when challenged and always carry a winning attitude.
If you have a passion for fitness, love seeing others reach their goals, and have a competitive winning attitude, the Membership Advisor would be the perfect position for you as a member of our team!
Please see below for some basic daily duties and requirements to help you get a better understanding of what is expected daily in this position.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Attain personal and team membership goal by executing all areas of the Edge sales process creating the urgency to join
- Making the phone call to successfully book company set amount of appointments per day, leading to at least company amount set of showed appointments per day:
- Responding quickly to web lead inquiries
- Turning incoming phone calls to appointments in clubs
- Calling member referrals that are generated from each new membership
- Following up with missed guests
- Mastering the tour to close a high percentage of new members, while also ensuring the same high percentage of new members are booked into the initial fitness assessment and also to obtain referrals all at point of sale
- Performs daily outreach to generate off-site leads, appointments, and memberships within the community
- Builds excitement and value with the potential new member to ensure their first impression of the club is a good one, therefore guaranteeing they will join
- Creates enough value on the tour, therefore ensuring the new member will enroll in their initial fitness appointment
- Become skilled at creating rapport and building relationships with potential new members, guaranteeing they will provide you with referrals
- Mastering the price presentation ensuring that many of new members will see the value and join for 24 months over the minimum of 12 months
- Become proficient at educating the new member of the benefit of signing up with EFT as opposed to credit cards
- Mastering the telephone inquiry script incoming and outgoing and transfers enthusiasm on the phone calls to drive the prospect to our club
Follow Up & Organization:
- Promptly respond to prospect and member inquiries professionally and enthusiastically
- Organize prospects & all new members in our CRM system ensuring proper and timely follow up via phone, text or email
- Ensure that you are making the correct amount of phone calls that will lead to the correct amount of appointments per day
- Touching base with current members to check in, ask for more referrals and ensuring they took advantage of the initial fitness appointment
- Actively participate in daily production meetings with club managers
- Attend biweekly/monthly sales meetings scheduled by corporate representatives
- Study and listen to the latest and greatest sales CD’s and DVD’s to constantly improve sales acumen, ability to overcome objections and closing the sale
- Ability to create and sustain a culture of service focused on hospitality, caring, welcoming and fun
- A passion for fitness. Demonstrated knowledge of fitness equipment and wellness strategies
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong MS Office software skills with an ability to adapt learning to incorporate new technologies
Education & Experience:
- A University degree is preferred
- Sales experience, fitness experience, retail experience, or restaurant experience is a plus
- Enthusiasm is a must, we will teach the skills needed to succeed but you need to bring the energy
Customer Service Orientation: Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge and skill in a technical area (Datatrak) and effectively applies those skills to solve a range of problems.
Product Knowledge Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of how our products and services work, know the ins and outs of the products and services just like a customer who uses it every day would.
Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result on one’s own unit of work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals and meeting and exceeding them.
Teamwork: Actively participates and fosters an environment that sustains a collaborative approach to working with others.
Initiative/Work Ethic: Demonstrates self-motivation through action. Thinks & acts without being asked: strives for results & sets & achieves them.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This role will require walking and standing during entire shift, or remain stationary for long periods of time. This would require the ability to lift weights, 5lbs up to 100lbs and bend or stand as necessary. This position will also require frequent washing of hands.
- This position requires that you work within the clubs and you may go out to the community for outreach using your own transportation.
- This position may require you to work extra hours or on the last day of every month.
- We ask that you see the club through our member’s eyes by working out in our facilities, experiencing a number of products, services, and amenities, while also participating in member initiatives.
There is very little travel in this position. The employee may be asked to travel local infrequently to other clubs or to corporate for meetings.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time non-exempt position with varying hours of work. This position frequently requires long hours and night/weekend work. This position may require working on the last day of the month.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance ($25k), MetLife
- Long Term Disability (LTD), MetLife
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), MetLife
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full time employees only)
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We Are Edge Strong
Join our winning team. The competitive spirit of our Edge Strong team is unmatched by anyone. We have never woke up a day and thought “we want to be #2 today”. NEVER! Winners keep score and we are a team who is motivated to be the best health club in the industry and provide the greatest customer experience for our members. We bleed Edge Red and We Are Edge Strong.
We Love People: “People don’t care about how much you know until they know how much you care.” From the day our founder opened our first gym, he greeted every member, employee and vendor by name. We celebrate each and every one of our employees and our members and treat them as family. Our team has a genuine gleam in their eye when they are servicing people.
We Love Fitness: Fitness is our calling. We have what it takes to empower others to love fitness just as much as we do by helping our members be the best version of themselves. We change lives.
We Love our Facility: Our teams take pride in their club! Our facilities sparkle with natural light, shiny equipment and clean amenities, making our clubs Best in Class. This is our home away from home and we do everything we can to ensure a positive environment.
We Love to Compete: We are fierce competitors. Our teams live and breathe a “do whatever it takes attitude” to help our members achieve their fitness goal. We are always looking to be better today than we were yesterday. Our leadership team keeps score. We ask ourselves daily, what are we doing right, and what are we doing wrong and how are we going to get better?
We Love our Team: We play for the name on the front of the jersey. Our people lead from the front and we own everything in our four walls. We come to work to win while having fun.
We change lives. Everything we do stems from those three words. This is our why. We are committed to do the right thing every day for the right reasons. We believe in fitness. Our philosophy is “how can I help you not what can I sell you”.
“If it is to be, it is up to me.” Our employees project a winner’s mindset that sets them up to achieve their highest potential. With the right energy and enthusiasm, we crush challenging goals. Unlimited career opportunities become attainable with heart, humility and hustle.
Our employees come here to do something, not for something to do. Run the play that your coach lays out for you and we will give you the tools to win games. Win the day.
We play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Our employees work hard to reach the finish line together. We are culture champions who celebrates other’s successes.
We wake up in the morning excited to get to work. Love what you do and you’ll never work a day in your life. Come to work in sweatpants and sneakers and feel awesome!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)