HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR
Summary & Reports to: Reporting to the Payroll & Benefits Manager, the HR Administrator is a self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized administrative professional who is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day HR operations.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential functions:
- Enrolls new employees into the HRIS for pay, benefits, time off, etc.
- Maintains and manages confidential personnel files in accordance with company best practices
- Assists the processing of payroll by compiling the payroll data needed for processing
- Processes resignations and terminations through the HR systems
- Acts as an internal resource to employees and departmental managers regarding payroll matters
- Researches, analyzes and resolves complex or non-routine payroll issues
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status
- Process employee wage garnishments, tax levy’s and support orders
- Processes all Unemployment Notices in a timely, efficient manner
- Works with accounting to perform unclaimed payroll checks compliance tasks
- Assists with the benefits administration, including reconciling the benefits statements, reporting workman’s compensation claims, and communication of benefits to employees
- Provides clerical and operational support to the HR staff
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
- Maintains the employee directory
- Facilitates employee referral bonus procedure
- Develops HR/Payroll SOP’s, procedures, guidelines and documentation
- Communicates with lawyer on violations of non competes
- Reviews and processes necessary background check results of all new hires and sends them to the appropriate next step
- Adds each new hire into our onboarding checklist system and carry out HR assigned tasks
- Helps in the process of ordering business cards for new club hires
- Two years in an HR related role
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ADP and Workforce Now
- Familiar with the I-9 verification process
- Knowledge of ACA procedures
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- Two to 4 years of HR experience
- SHRM Certified Professional credential a plus.
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Conflict Management: Prevents, manages, and/or resolves conflict.
Forward Thinking: Anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
Customer Focus: The ability to identify and respond to current and future customer's needs.
Building Partnerships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Teamwork: Actively participates and fosters an environment that sustains a collaborative approach to working with others.
Time Management: Handles their own time well, as well as that of the boss. Coordinates the needs and demands of multiple people and is flexible and adaptable with ever changing schedules on short notice as situations change. Prioritizes well and delegates routine tasks when possible.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment with a several sets of stairs. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
No travel is expected for this position.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm (40 hours per week). Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We Are Edge Strong
Join our winning team. The competitive spirit of our Edge Strong team is unmatched by anyone. We have never woke up a day and thought “we want to be #2 today”. NEVER! Winners keep score and we are a team who is motivated to be the best health club in the industry and provide the greatest customer experience for our members. We bleed Edge Red and We Are Edge Strong.
We Love People: “People don’t care about how much you know until they know how much you care.” From the day our founder opened our first gym, he greeted every member, employee and vendor by name. We celebrate each and every one of our employees and our members and treat them as family. Our team has a genuine gleam in their eye when they are servicing people.
We Love Fitness: Fitness is our calling. We have what it takes to empower others to love fitness just as much as we do by helping our members be the best version of themselves. We change lives.
We Love our Facility: Our teams take pride in their club! Our facilities sparkle with natural light, shiny equipment and clean amenities, making our clubs Best in Class. This is our home away from home and we do everything we can to ensure a positive environment.
We Love to Compete: We are fierce competitors. Our teams live and breathe a “do whatever it takes attitude” to help our members achieve their fitness goal. We are always looking to be better today than we were yesterday. Our leadership team keeps score. We ask ourselves daily, what are we doing right, and what are we doing wrong and how are we going to get better?
We Love our Team: We play for the name on the front of the jersey. Our people lead from the front and we own everything in our four walls. We come to work to win while having fun.
We change lives. Everything we do stems from those three words. This is our why. We are committed to do the right thing every day for the right reasons. We believe in fitness. Our philosophy is “how can I help you not what can I sell you”.
“If it is to be, it is up to me.” Our employees project a winner’s mindset that sets them up to achieve their highest potential. With the right energy and enthusiasm, we crush challenging goals. Unlimited career opportunities become attainable with heart, humility and hustle.
Our employees come here to do something, not for something to do. Run the play that your coach lays out for you and we will give you the tools to win games. Win the day.
We play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Our employees work hard to reach the finish line together. We are culture champions who celebrates other’s successes.
We wake up in the morning excited to get to work. Love what you do and you’ll never work a day in your life. Come to work in sweatpants and sneakers and feel awesome!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)