Summary & Reports to:
Member of the Fitness Services Team who is responsible for delivering Pilates programming and education to our members. You will help our members improve their Fitness level, and develop and maintain an overall sense of well-being through this Mind Body Practice.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Develop and instruct professional, innovative and comprehensive Pilates small group programs to ensure clients are satisfied and remain motivated to attain their personal fitness goals
- Monitor and instruct clients during their Pilates training sessions on the safe and effective use of Pilates training equipment, flexibility, and postural alignment.
- Conduct fitness consultations for new clients including pre-participation screening, medical history, lifestyle questionnaire, and goal setting to assess and recommend Pilates training programs
- Deliver customized programs based on the client’s ability and goals
- Educate members on current health and fitness issues and trends
Sales & Promotion:
- Promote and sell Edge Fitness programs, services, and products
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding monthly revenue and session goals
- Develop and maintain a Pilates training client base
- Deliver customized programs based on the client’s ability and goals
- Promote sales and Convert members to Pilates Programs.
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills; energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of fitness, cardiovascular training, nutrition, and program design
- Knowledge of safe exercise techniques
- Demonstrate exercises and adjust machine weights, free weights, and cardiovascular equipment
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate a computer and Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel)
Education & Experience:
- Certified Pilates Instructor- Apparatus/Equipment certified (minimum of one certification)
- One year Pilates training experience preferred
- CPR/AED certification
- Specialty Certifications Preferred (I.e.: Barre, TRX)
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Customer Service Orientation: Listens & responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer's satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Initiative: Demonstrates self-motivation through action. Thinks & acts without being asked; strives for results & achieves them.
Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills: Demonstrates a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Able to effectively apply technical knowledge.
Provides Motivation Support: The ability to enhance others’ commitment to their work. They recognize and reward people for their achievements. Expresses pride in the person or group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishments. Energizes their audience.
Results Driven: Defines appropriate goals, works toward achieving goals, articulates vision and steps for achievement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done frequently. Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements are close, distant, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is no travel required for this position.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a non-exempt full-time position with varied hours based on business needs. This position requires night and weekend hours.
Benefits: (If employed full time)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance ($25k), MetLife
- Long Term Disability (LTD), MetLife
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), MetLife
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full time employees only)
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We Are Edge Strong
Join our winning team. The competitive spirit of our Edge Strong team is unmatched by anyone. We have never woke up a day and thought “we want to be #2 today”. NEVER! Winners keep score and we are a team who is motivated to be the best health club in the industry and provide the greatest customer experience for our members. We bleed Edge Red and We Are Edge Strong.
We Love People: “People don’t care about how much you know until they know how much you care.” From the day our founder opened our first gym, he greeted every member, employee and vendor by name. We celebrate each and every one of our employees and our members and treat them as family. Our team has a genuine gleam in their eye when they are servicing people.
We Love Fitness: Fitness is our calling. We have what it takes to empower others to love fitness just as much as we do by helping our members be the best version of themselves. We change lives.
We Love our Facility: Our teams take pride in their club! Our facilities sparkle with natural light, shiny equipment and clean amenities, making our clubs Best in Class. This is our home away from home and we do everything we can to ensure a positive environment.
We Love to Compete: We are fierce competitors. Our teams live and breathe a “do whatever it takes attitude” to help our members achieve their fitness goal. We are always looking to be better today than we were yesterday. Our leadership team keeps score. We ask ourselves daily, what are we doing right, and what are we doing wrong and how are we going to get better?
We Love our Team: We play for the name on the front of the jersey. Our people lead from the front and we own everything in our four walls. We come to work to win while having fun.
We change lives. Everything we do stems from those three words. This is our why. We are committed to do the right thing every day for the right reasons. We believe in fitness. Our philosophy is “how can I help you not what can I sell you”.
“If it is to be, it is up to me.” Our employees project a winner’s mindset that sets them up to achieve their highest potential. With the right energy and enthusiasm, we crush challenging goals. Unlimited career opportunities become attainable with heart, humility and hustle.
Our employees come here to do something, not for something to do. Run the play that your coach lays out for you and we will give you the tools to win games. Win the day.
We play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Our employees work hard to reach the finish line together. We are culture champions who celebrates other’s successes.
We wake up in the morning excited to get to work. Love what you do and you’ll never work a day in your life. Come to work in sweatpants and sneakers and feel awesome!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)